Check for free school transport
See whether you qualify for free transport to secondary school and the route we use to calculate the distance.
Enter a postcode
e.g. HP20 1UA
What you need to know
- Results refer to September 2019 entry and in year admissions from September 2018
- Distances are calculated by road from the address you provide to the nearest accessible secondary school gate
- The Buckinghamshire UTC is included in the results of this checker. The UTC can be discounted if you are looking for admission to years 7-9 as the UTC only admits children from year 10.
- If you select a school your child is eligible for free transport to as your first preference and we are unable to provide you with a place then you may be eligible for free transport to your next nearest school
- Please note that St Michael’s Catholic School in High Wycombe is due to open a new satellite site from September 2018 in Aylesbury and this may impact on children joining Year 7 in September. The site will initially open on Bierton Hill prior to moving to a permanent home on the old Quarrendon School site on Weedon Road. Therefore, for September 2018 entry only we will not include St Michael’s as your nearest school if you would normally be eligible to transport to the second nearest school. This will also apply for in year admissions to Year 7 in the 2018/19 academic year.
Your child may also be eligible for free school transport if:
- You are on a low income
- They have Special Educational Needs
- They have a disability or mobility problems and are attending their nearest school
- There is no safe walking route to the nearest school
Please refer to the School Transport Policy for more details on eligibility.